Monday, June 30, 2008

Stoked...

For Family Home Evening tonight we went and saw Dylan's highly anticipated movie of the year...'WALL E'. When we got our tickets I gave them to Dylan so he could hand them to the ticket person. In return, she handed him a blue WALL E kids watch, he thinks it's the coolest. So he was really into the movie, making comments and asking questions. He talked in his normal voice even though we kept asking him to whisper. Luckily, there were only two people near us and they didn't seem to be bothered by his cute little voice. Connor actually chilled and watched the first 15 minutes of the movie. He definitely sat more overall this time around. I was able to actually watch the movie because Dave took a turn this round to get up and down with Connor. Dave had it easy, though. Connor only walked around our theater, not the entire building like he did for me. Ah well. They both had a great time and Dylan is so stoked that he's now seen 'WALL E'...


Afterwards, we grabbed a quick bite for dinner and then on to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. Grandma and Grandpa Andersen sent Dylan some gift certificates to BR as a congrats for doing so awesome with his swim lessons. Dylan treated us all to a Peanut Butter Cup Shake. Connor had some bites and then he was off to push the patio chairs around. :)
























On the way home, I suggested we sing some songs. I was goofin' off while we sang - holding notes out super long, exaggerating vibrato, going super high, etc. During 'Popcorn Popping' I goofed off with my voice, paused for effect and then Dylan said in all seriousness, "Mom, stop singing. Dad's trying to drive." Needless to say, me and Dave thought it was hilarious. In all fairness, Dylan gets embarrassed when either me OR Dave sing goofy-like for fun. I tell him to just wait until he gets older. :) On a sidenote, Dave teases me all the time about my singing, how I hit three different keys in one song, etc. Like Dave's a rockstar or something. Ask him about his Robert Goulet moment during 'Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam'. (Mom, are you laughing 'til you cry? Matthew, any SNL skits coming to mind?) I was in choir in college and had a respectable voice back in the day, thank you very much. Guess I'm both out of practice and out of tune much of the time. Yeah, I'll put practice singing at the top of my to do list ASAP...but I'm not defensive or anything. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys got your ice cream treats!! Congrats again to Dylan for his awesome swimming achievements!! Oh, my goodness, yes, I was laughing so hard when I read the Robert Goulet spot! Yes, I do remember that R.G. rendition of the primary song! Ha! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete