Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wonderful Dichotomy

Our lesson for Family Home Evening last night was about being thankful for our blessings, largely inspired by the fact that Thanksgiving is coming soon. When we asked Dylan to share with us the blessings he's thankful for, he gave us the following in this order:
I am a Child of God
Jesus
Pres. Monson
Connor
Mom
Dad
Friends
His Costume & Mask
The Beach
Disneyland
Preschool
And there you have it, the master list of what our 4 1/2 yr old is thankful for. Just when Dave and I think that perhaps we may actually be pulling this parenting thing off, we are reminded of when earlier that day we told Dylan that we thought it would be nice of him to give some of his Halloween candy away and he promptly yelled "No! It's my candy and I want it all for me!!!"
It's a wonderful dichotomy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment