Saturday, July 12, 2008

Genius

Last night I watched one of my favorite actors, John Cusack, in an indie film called "Grace Is Gone" (2007). John Cusack gives an amazing performance. The basic storyline of the movie is that his character's wife dies in the Iraq war, he doesn't know how to tell his two daughters, so he takes them on an impromptu vacation to their favorite theme park and we watch the story unfold from there. Although the movie is slow and choppy at times, it's worth a watch to witness John Cusack's genius and the powerful emotional story of this family.


The following are some of my favorite recent John Cusack movies: Martian Child (2007), 1408 (2007), Must Love Dogs (2005), Runaway Jury (2003), Serendipity (2001).

The following are some of my favorite classic John Cusack movies: Say Anything (1989), Better Off Dead (1985), Sixteen Candles (1984).



Also thought I'd share two recent movies I loved enough to purchase:
"P.S. I Love You" (2007) and "Dan In Real Life" (2007).

2 comments:

  1. I love these movies! "MURDER OF LOVE!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL "What's your talent going to be, Dan? Put me down for murderer of love." :)
    I actually watched both these movies this weekend, I've been down sick since Friday...

    ReplyDelete